Purchases made through third-party links in this article may earn us an affiliate commission. Read more.
Designing your own wedding centerpieces can be an enjoyable and creative process, but it can also be a stressful experience if you're on a tight budget and don’t know where to start! OK, take a deep breath... and r-e-l-a-x.
First know there are infinite ways you can make gorgeous DIY wedding centerpieces without a lot of hassle and expense and, believe it or not, your guests will still be just as delighted to celebrate this momentous occasion with you. We promise!
Here we show you how you can create memorable centerpieces that are inexpensive and easy to make as well as give you many simple design ideas that are sure to wow your guests. With these budget-friendly centerpiece ideas, it's totally possible to have your best day without over spending.
HOW TO MAKE DIY CENTERPIECES - BEGINNER TIPS & ADVICE
- Set your centerpiece budget.
- Determine how many centerpieces you will need and divide your budget by this number. This is your cost per centerpiece. Be sure to factor in the cost of any tools you need to purchase such as a hot glue gun, crafting knife, etc. Now decide if it's cheaper to rent what you want... Hey, it happens!
- Remember that craft projects do take some time to design and create so be sure to give yourself plenty of it in advance.
- If you have a specific color palette, reception venue or wedding theme/motif, be sure to design your centerpieces with those in mind.
- Know your abilities and limits as a crafter. Simple centerpiece designs tend to be easier to make and are typically the most cost effective. They also have a higher success rate than more complicated designs and are quicker and easier to set up and take down.
- Take one centerpiece to completion first before purchasing materials for all of your centerpieces! You might decide to change your design half way through and add or subtract some elements. Essentially, build a prototype you like, show it to friends and family for feedback if you want, tweak it, and then run with it!
- If your having floral centerpieces (real or faux), keep your design on the light and airy side versus densely packed blooms. More flowers up your costs and time commitment.
- Mix and match centerpieces with half of the tables having fancier arrangements than the other half.
- Combine real flowers with faux flowers made with crepe paper or felt.
- Don't be shy! Ask craft-minded friends and family to help you and make a party out of it.
BEST PLACES TO BUY FRESH GREENERY & PLANTS IN BULK
BOTTLES & JARS - BUDGET WEDDING CENTERPIECE IDEAS
CANDLES - BUDGET WEDDING CENTERPIECE IDEAS
TABLE RUNNERS - BUDGET WEDDING CENTERPIECE IDEAS
TIN CANS & BUCKETS - BUDGET WEDDING CENTERPIECE IDEAS
UNIQUE BUDGET WEDDING CENTERPIECE IDEAS
VASE & POT - BUDGET WEDDING CENTERPIECE IDEAS
- How to Choose Your Wedding Motif
- How to Decorate With Greenery - Budget Tips & Inspiration
- How to Choose Your Wedding Color Scheme
- How to Decorate Your Wedding Like a Professional
- Where to Add Color to Your Wedding
- Wedding Budget Calculator