WEDDING DECORATING IDEAS - DESIGN YOUR PERFECT WEDDING
Once you have finalized your date, venue and budget, if you’re still looking for guidance, take a look at our Wedding Tips & Tools and Choosing Your Wedding Vendors sections. They will help you build on the décor and features of your venue and guide your spending to items that build on each other for a unified aesthetic (think theme, mood and style). Basically, it helps you avoid spending money on unnecessary and sometimes costly decorative items! Here are some additional things to keep in mind:
- Start with the essential decorations, like tables, chairs, flatware, tablecloths, and lighting.
- Take advantage of your venue's surroundings and choose a color palette that works with it.
- Ask to see pictures of your venue's past weddings.
- Your original wedding vision may change during your planning, so defer purchases until you’re sure they have a purpose.
- Check whether your florist or venue offer rentable or included items (vases, lights, arbors, etc.), as these can result in considerable savings over purchasing them yourself or having them brought in.
- Consider how your décor can let your personalities shine through and add to your guests’ experience; perhaps table favors, a candy buffet, or a photo booth.